Loves: Unspoilt and deserted stretch of beach that makes it feel like my own private beach.
Our Advice: Catch the earliest ferry and explore the Southern Islands (St John’s, Lazarus and Kusu Island) altogether in a day to make the ferry trip worthwhile. Pack your own food and drinks for a picnic as there are no F&B outlets available. Use the restrooms while at St John’s or Kusu Island.
You may not believe that there remains an island untouched from the rapid urbanization of Singapore – The Lazarus Island. As a testament to its ‘virgin’ stature, there are no inhabitants or even toilets on this relatively isolated piece of land. This has only served to bring more and more people to its shores. Especially young Singaporeans, who are looking to break away from the routine and the crowds of the city-state.
One of the island’s star attractions is the 700-m long beach that boasts of golden sands and clear, sparkling waters. Do remember to take your camera when you visit Lazarus Island.
Address: Located to the south of the main island of Singapore, off the Straits of Singapore
District: Southern Islands
- Alight at Marina South Pier MRT Station (NS28) and take exit B
- Take the Singapore Island Cruise ferry from Marina South Pier
- Ferry will head to St John's Island first before heading to Kusu Island and returning to the pier in a loop route
- Journey from Marina South Pier to St John's island takes 30 minutes and 15 minutes from St John's to Kusu Island
- Walk across the paved bund from St John’s Island to reach Lazarus Island
Ferry timings from Marina South Pier*
Mon – Fri: 10am, 2pm
Sat: 9am, 11am, 1pm, 3pm
Sun: 9am, 11am, 1pm, 3pm, 5pm
*Note: Ticketing booth closes at 3pm daily
Ferry timings from St. John’s Island
Mon – Fri: 10.45am, 2.45pm
Sat: 9.50am, 11.50am, 1.50pm, 3.50pm
Sun: 9.50am, 11.50am, 1.50pm, 3.50pm, 5.50pm
Ferry Operating Hours: 7.00am to 5.00pm
Recommended Duration: 2 hours
Adults - $18 (2 way trip)
Children (1 to 12 years old) - $12 (2 way trip)