Loves: Sighting of the migratory birds from September to March (usually dependent on tides).
Our Advice: Take the Kranji Express to Sungei Buloh Visitor Centre and explore on foot towards the Wetland Centre where you can board the Kranji Express which stops at other attractions in Kranji. Toilets and only drink vending machines are available at two centres so bring your own snacks.
A place most suitable for keen nature lovers – the wetlands of Sungei Buloh is the largest mangrove forest in Singapore and offers various trails. This sprawling 87-hectare ecological site is rich in biodiversity for both fauna and flora. It not only serves as a stop-over point for many migratory birds like the Golden Plovers, but also as a natural habitat for crabs, mudskippers and mud lobsters. Saltwater crocodiles have also been spotted occasionally!
The coastal trail offers a scenic view of the Kranji waterfront with various lookout points and even a glimpse of neighbouring Malaysia across the Straits of Johor. Free-guided tours are conducted every weekend and kids can enjoy themselves at the Mud Experience and Junior Adventure Trail.
60 Kranji Way, #01-00
301 Neo Tiew Crescent
District: Lim Chu Kang, North
- From Mondays to Saturdays, alight at Kranji MRT Station (NS7)
- Take bus 925 from the Bus Stop (45139) directly in front of the station
- Alight at the Bus Stop (13011) at Kranji Reservoir Carpark B
- Walk across the road to the Visitor Centre.
- On Sundays and Public Holidays, you can take bus 925C from the same Bus stop (45139) directly in front of the station.
- Alight at the Bus stop (49209) at the entrance of the Wetland Centre.
- A private bus service, Kranji Express, plies the route between Kranji MRT and Sungei Buloh Wetland Reserve and other farms daily. You may wish to check the bus schedule here.The fare for this service as follows:
Adult - $3.00
Child (under 12 years old) - $1.00
Senior citizen (60 years and above) - $1.00
Operating Hours: 7.00am – 7.00pm
Recommended Duration: 4 hours
Tel: +65 6794 1401