Loves: Ascending the 30-metre tower at the Central Fire Station during the free tower tour only on Tuesdays and Fridays from 7.00pm to 8.00pm
Our Advice: Bring your whole family along as both kids and adults will enjoy learning and appreciating the displays in the gallery.
As you tour the gallery, there could be a chance of witnessing live deployment of the fire engines as the gallery is located in the oldest active fire station in Singapore – Central Fire Station.
This distinctive red-and-white brick building houses customized exhibits that are both interactive and meaningful for visitors. There are many things to learn, such as the major fires caused by early squatter settlements which prompted the government to step up efforts in creating better and safer housing for all.
Despite being a small gallery, it is packed with fun yet purposeful exhibits that promise an enriching time.
Address: 62 Hill Street, Singapore 179367
District: Downtown Core, Central
- Alight at City Hall MRT Station (EW13 / NS25) and take exit B
- Turn left and walk down Stamford Road
- Turn left onto Hill Street and walk down
- You will reach Central Fire Station after passing Coleman Street
Estimated walking distance: 600 m
- The nearest Bus Stop (04142) is in front of the Armenian Church
Tuesday to Sunday – 10.00 am to 5.00 pm
Recommended Duration: 1 hour
Tel: +65 6332 2996